Thursday, June 21, 2012

Introduction to this blog

Blogging...hmmmm. Never really been my thing, but I'm going to try. I need to make a change and was told blogging about it might help. I'll start with my story and what I went through so that maybe you can have an understanding as to why this subject is so important to me.

I'm Kari. :-) I'm 24 years old and have 5 children, 4 girls and 1 boy. They are my WORLD!!!! I am married to my high school sweetheart/savior. That's the basic introduction. haha. 

So, I'm starting from the beginning.... I was born January 22, 1988. I came home to a mama, a daddy and a big brother. As far as I know, we were all very happy. I remember playing with legos. I remember being yelled at for leaving them in the floor. I remember my brother showing me my mama and daddy having sex. I remember him suggesting we try it. I remember my mama walking down the road crying. We were supposed to pick her up from work, but Daddy got preoccupied....with me. I don't remember all of what happened, and I thank God for that, but I do know he touched me in the places my brother did.....sexual places. I remember my mama waking me up and putting my in the station wagon loaded down with all our stuff. I asked if she got my teddy bear. I knew we were leaving, I think I wanted to. I was 3.

I remember being in a shelter of some kind. Just me, my mama, and my brother. No Daddy. I didn't like it there. I wanted to play with a car that was on a table and a mean little boy came and snatched it out of my hand. 

I remember pulling in a driveway and running in the trailer to inspect what would be my new home. No more shared rooms, community dinners, or weird people around me. There were 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a living room. Of course my brother claimed the first room. I had to share with mama until she got me a daybed. Then I slept in the living room. There was a little girl, about my age, who lived near us. We played together a lot. I showed her how to draw pictures of a naked adult man and woman. Her mommy got very mad. I was never allowed to play with her again. I was a bad little girl. My brother's friends were still allowed to play with him so I joined in when they would let me follow them around. One time my brother said I would do anything and told me to go behind the trailer with one of his friends. His friend told me to pull my pants down. I did. A grown up, I can't remember who, walked around and caught us. I got in big trouble. I didn't understand. Mama and Daddy played with each other. My brother taught me what they were doing and how they did it. I didn't know it was wrong, yet no one ever told me it was. I just got grounded. If I played with my brother's penis until the white stuff came out, I got cool stuff. One time I got a tube of chapstick! I was 4-5 years old.


Okay sorry guys......I'll try to finish later tonight. Going back through this is hard. It's bringing back a lot of memories. I'm almost 1/2 way through it....I think. 




2 comments:

  1. Kari, I have always been amazed by the person you are in so many ways. The things you are writing about are horrible & it breaks my heart to know you had to endure them. I applaud your strength again for sharing the intimate details in a public forum such as this. I hope by getting it out you will face & conquer all of your demons, great & small, past & present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was you and Brock that saved me that last time. I just haven't got that far into the whole story yet. Lol.

    ReplyDelete